Apple Remote Desktop integration
If you use Apple Remote Desktop you can use it to collect new data and regular updates for HSTracker. When imported, HSTracker will automatically merge existing computers and add new ones.
- Use Apple Remote Desktop as shown on the right to collect a full System Overview Report (tick All Fields) and then export the report as a tab-delimited text file.
- In HSTracker select Import ARD Report… from the File menu.
- Select the file you just exported and press Open.
- You may optionally set all the imported computers status to Working. When the import process is complete, the newly added and updated computers will be listed.
Hold down the alt key while selecting Import ARD Report, for more advanced import options. In most cases this is not required.
You can recall the last imported set of hardware by selecting Last Import from the Saved Searches menu.
Automated ARD updates
You can setup HSTracker to watch a folder for ARD reports.
- Select Setup ARD Watch Folder… from the File menu.
- Choose the folder you want watched
- Drop or save an Apple Remote Desktop report into the folder
HSTracker will launch and import the file.
* Currently HSTracker can only process one file at a time
This process uses Finder Folder Actions which can be further edited by ctrl-clicking the watch folder in the Finder and selecting Configure Folder Actions…