The Big Idea
- Link software licenses to hardware devices
- Collect information from Apple Remote Desktop to keep your data up-to-date
- Integrate with iCal and Mail, enabling you to create tasks and reminders
- Keep records of all your hardware and software licenses
- Remote dontrol computers, printers, RAIDs and more
- Store historical information about network devices and software
- Store keys, certificates, config files and license agreement
- Keep track of hardware locations
- Keep track of software license limits
HSTracker handles two basic types of information - hardware and software. You can use HSTracker to store information about all your hardware - computers, printers and routers, as well as all your software licenses, including information about the license codes, number of users and other factors.
Unlike many other license managers and inventory systems HSTracker lets you link software to hardware.
The hardware windows display a list of your hardware or single hardware items in detail. In the detail view you can view and edit various data such as serial numbers, CPU type, memory configuration and more. You can use the Apple Specs button to locate your computer on the Apple Specs site or the Remote button to remote control a computer on the network.*
The history tab can be used to enter faults, repairs, memory upgrades and other events in the history of the hardware that you may wish to track later. The licensing tab lets you view, assign and remove software licenses from the system.
The software windows are similar and offer two key displays - List view and Detail view that enable you to enter information about your software licenses. Like the hardware windows, you can also use the software windows to assign licenses to one or several computers.
*remote control requires OS X 10.5 or another VNC handler such as Apple Remote Desktop