MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR EXISTING HSTRACKER FOLDER BEFORE PROCEEDING
IF YOU DON'T YOU WILL LOSE YOUR DATA
IF YOU ARE USING THE MULTI VERSION USE THE MULTI UPDATER
Unlike many other apps, the HSTracker upgrade process works by importing your data from the previous version of HSTracker into the latest demo. The process converts the demo to a full licensed version containing all your data.
List of changes
- Make a backup of your existing HSTracker folder if you haven't done so already
- Download the HSTracker demo
- Open the latest HSTracker demo
- Select Import from Backup... from the HSTracker menu
- When prompted, select your old HSTracker.dat file (depending on version, it may be called HSTracker.USR or .fp7) - leave the option to store a reference to the file checked, do not change this setting
- When the import is complete, verify that your data is OK. Quit HSTracker and copy the full contents of the new HSTracker folder over to your previous HSTracker folder in the Applications folder, replacing the old ones*
* If you already have the file HSTValueLists.dat do not replace it.
- Make a backup of your existing HSTracker database.
- Download the updater
- Open the new HSTracker.fp7 demo file directly from your desktop
- Log in using the user name and password originally provided when you purchased HSTracker
- When asked which version you'd like to try select Standard
- Select Import from Backup... from the FileMaker Pro menu
- Select Multi
- When prompted enter the DNS name or IP address of your FileMaker server
- The new version of HSTracker will now import all your data.
- When the update is complete quit the local version and upload it to the server as outlined below:
- Using FileMaker Server Admin Console close and remove the exiting HSTracker
- Using FileMaker Server Admin Console upload the new HSTracker.fp7 database file which now contains all your imported data.
- If you don't have HSTValueLists.fp7 already installed, upload this file too.